My day always starts with a smoothie! I love getting protein in the morning that doesn’t feel heavy or weigh me down. I drink a tall glass and have energy until noon! I know some people are more accustomed to eating a hearty breakfast, and this is a dank power drink, packed with nutrition! Perfect by itself or on the side 🙂
Here’s the recipe (btw you can scroll below for extra tips and a photo guide!)
POWER VEGAN FRUIT SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup of Orange Juice
- Vegan Protein Powder of Choice (I like Trader Joe’s Vegan Pea Protein Powder Unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp of your Seeds of Choice (my faves are chia, hemp and flax)
- Frozen pr Fresh Banana
- Greens of Choice (I love spinach or arugula)
- Frozen or Fresh Fruit of Choice (mine usual combos are strawberry/blueberry/mango/raspberry, or, apple/plum/pear)
- Water to blend and thin as needed
- Literally just put it all in the blender
- Turn on High until smooth
- That’s it
I like to start with the juice, protein powder and seeds to avoid sticking to the blender
Next I add a frozen banana, mixed fruit, and arugula, and top with some water
Blend on high until you’re happy with the texture (add more water if needed)
Pour and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Always pour in the juice or liquid first and add the protein and seeds right after! It helps to keep them from getting stuck to the sides of the blender.
- Freeze your own fruit! It’s usually cheaper and more flavorful to buy fresh and freeze yourself. Just spend 20-30 minutes one day every week or so peeling and cutting up fruit and freezing it on a pan in the freezer! Once the fruit has frozen, store in a reusable container!
- I also prefer frozen fruit so the smoothie is nice and cold!
- Have leftovers? Put the blender cup in the fridge; and when you’re ready for round two, just add a couple pieces of fruit to freshen it up, blend again, and voila!